UNEXPECTED RECENT QUARRY BLASTING
The meeting with Sibelco was very constructive. Cllr S Auty posed all of the questions which were sent to him and all of you should now have been contacted by him with a response. We are also coordinating the replies to enable a follow up letter. Sibelco is keen to continue the dialogue and the Parish Council will keep you informed of the outcome.
GARDENER / HANDYMAN
As previously advertised, we now have a gardener / Handyman engaged in work around the Parish - his name is Robert - if you see him - say hello and introduce yourselves to him - so far he has done some excellent work - we hope you notice the difference!
WARMSWORTH GALA 2018
Its a very big thank you once again to everyone that assisted in any way to make the Gala a success - and what a day for the weather - for once being very kind as it has for most of the summer!
WARMSWORTH GALA COMMITTEE MAY FOLD UNLESS NEW HELPERS ARE FOUND
Willing volunteers and helpers are welcome - and new ideas and contributions are always valued.
07759 266799 for more information
REMEMBRANCE 1918 - 2018
100 years recalled at a remembrance service on 11th November at the White Church at 10.00 followed by a procession and further commemoration at the cenotaph in Warmsworth Cemetery.
A wonderful turnout despite the rain and serious thanks to the Guides, scouts, Brownies, Warmsworth & Edlington Lions, Loyal Orangemen, Warmsworth & DMBC Councillors, South Yorkshire Police, our wonderful Parade Marshall John Knapp and of course to you for braving the elements.
An estimated 200 plus people really showed their respects - Thank you to all concerned.
Thank you to all of you for your feedback on the Christmas lights in Warmsworth. This was all financed and co-ordinated by the Parish Council. We plan to continue this in future and add to the array of lights that we already have.
ARE YOU UNSURE ABOUT THE WORK OF WARMSWORTH PARISH COUNCIL?
Here is a selection of what Councillors have been doing in 2017 with the cooperation of Doncaster MBC.
- 3 Fly Tipping Warning Signs erected at tipping hotspots in Common Lane, Guest Lane & Lords Head Lane
- 1 Re marking of the crossroads at the end of Edlington Lane adjacent to the Library
- 1 Wooden Fence mended at the junction of Quaker Lane & High Road
- 2 prominent 30 mph signs installed adjacent to the Edlington Cemetery / Poplar Grove - Lords Head Lane
- 2 "No Heavy Vehicle" signs sited at the junction of Poplar Grove / Lords Head Lane and at the Junction of Broomhouse Lane / Lords Head Lane
- 1 new double litter bin adjacent to the side of library garden
- 1 barrier re-installed on Guest Lane adjacent to Warmsworth Cemetery
- Pot holes filled between roundabout and Tara Lounge - A630
- 1 parish council litter bin replaced on King George Field
- 1 Parish Council Green palisade fence erected on the perimeter of King George Field adjacent to the Cricket Club
- Wheelie Bin stickers purchased for residents to display on their bins to instruct motorists to slow down in Warmsworth.
- Set of Double Yellow lines extended along Low Road West to prevent large vehicle parking and obstruction of the bus route.
- ALSO Completed early in 2018:
- 1 Wooden Bollard on Mill Lane
- Tarmac laying on the rough area - Tenter Road / High Road
- Missing bin replaced on Mill Lane adjacent Tenter Lane by DMBC
Lots more good work is being done in the name of Warmsworth Parish Council for the community in 2018.
The Parish Council is pleased to announce that Warmsworth Allotments are now legally owned by Warmsworth Parish Council.
Some residents have expressed concern that this land could be sold by the Parish in future years to realise a return however the Parish Council wishes to allay those fears.
If the land is unused by ANYONE and the Parish Council can demonstrate unequivocally that the people of the Parish wish the land to be disposed of through suitable consultation, and then ONLY with the final consent of the relevant Secretary of State, can the Parish Council even consider disposal.
Clearly the chances of all of these circumstances happening any one time in the future, is virtually nil and Council tax payers of the Parish are urged to use this excellent facility to preserve a much needed green space.
QUARRY PARK INCIDENTS
Recent serious incidents in this area have been reported. The parish Council is pressing South Yorkshire Police, Doncaster Council, The Press, Local Residents and DMBC Councillors to unite and pursue every possible line of action to eradicate this unnecessary and disturbing behaviour - mainly by people who do not live in or respect what Warmsworth values.
KING GEORGE PLAYING FIELDS VANDALISM TO CHILDRENS PLAY AREA
Unfortunately because of recent activity by a small minority of very stupid individuals, various small but damaging acts of vandalism have resulted in the temporary closure on safety grounds of the Children's Play Area.
The Council would like to obtain any information that anyone has that will apprehend these mindless individuals who have no respect for the Warmsworth Community and we undertake that we will have the facilities up and running again in the near future.
However we have to say that we cannot continue to claim on insurance or waste valuable funds replacing play equipment that will be constantly damaged - if you see this happening, please report it to the Police on 101 and thank you very much for doing so.
DONCASTER MBC WARD COUNCILLOR SURGERIES
Doncaster Ward Councillor Phil Cole will hold surgeries from 5:30 to 6:30 pm in Warmsworth community centre on the dates of the Parish Council meetings
(usually the SECOND Monday in the month) - see the 'Meetings' page for a list of the dates.
USEFUL DONCASTER MBC & POLICE CONTACT NUMBERS
A list of contact numbers including the Noise Nuisance Team and the Party Patrol.
Residents with complaints about litter should report it using the 'My Doncaster' app or online at http://www.doncaster.gov.uk/doitonline/littering or phone Doncaster MBC on 01302-736000, obtain a reference number, monitor the situation and if the litter is not removed report it again getting another reference number.